16 Jan Praying the Roasy
At St.Dominic’s we believe it is our duty to teach children to pray the Rosary.Many great popes, saints, and Christian leaders have exhorted us to pray the rosary.
It’s a powerful prayer, they say, one that can change your life, strengthen the family, bring peace to the world and win the salvation of souls.
- Make the Sign of the Cross and say the “Apostles’ Creed”
- Say the “Our Father”
- Say three “Hail Marys” for Faith, Hope, and Charity
- Say the “Glory Be”
- Announce the First Mystery and then say the “Our Father”
- Say ten “Hail Marys” while meditating on the Mystery
- Say the “Glory Be” (Optional: Say the “O My Jesus” prayer requested by Mary at Fatima)
- Announce the Next Mystery; then say the “Our Father” and repeat these steps (6 through 8) as you continue through the remaining Mysteries.
- Say the closing prayers: the “Hail Holy Queen” and “Final Prayer”
- Make the “Sign of the Cross”